* Bid deadline has been extended to May 22, 2017 at 11AM
NOTICE INVITING BIDS
In general, the Project consists of:
• Open cut construction of approximately 4,200 linear feet of reinforced concrete and/or polypropylene pipe along Gabilan Drive and San Vicente Road in Soledad.
• Installation of new concrete storm drain manholes.
• Removal and replacement of existing manholes.
• Making storm drain pipe connections between the new system and the existing system.
• Modifying the existing storm drain recharge basin by adding depth and re-grading.
• Installation of pipe inlet at the recharge basin from the proposed storm drain line to feed the recharge basin.
• Installation and grading of a 12 ft. wide access road from the top of the recharge basin to the bottom.
• Installation of underground detention system.
The Engineer’s Estimate for the base bid work is approximately $3.0 million.
A non-mandatory pre-bid conference will be held on May 4, 2017 at 10:30 AM at Soledad City Hall, located at 248 Main Street, Soledad, CA.
Bids will be compared on the basis of the base bid amount. The lowest bid shall be the base bid amount without consideration of the costs for additive or deductive items, if any. Owner reserves the right to reject any and all bids and to waive any non-substantive irregularities. Bids may not be withdrawn for a period of sixty (60) days after the bid opening except as provided pursuant to Public Contract Code Sections 5100 et seq.
Bids must be submitted using Bid Proposal Forms provided with the Contract Documents and shall be accompanied by bid security of 10% of the total bid amount, in the form of a cashier’s or certified check made payable to the City of Soledad, or a bid bond executed by a surety licensed to do business in the State of California on the Bid Bond form included with the Contract Documents. The bid security shall guarantee that upon award of contract, the bidder shall execute the city’s contract and submit payment and performance bonds and insurance certificates as required by the Contract Documents within ten (10) calendar days upon receipt of notice of award.
Only a contractor registered with the Department of Industrial Relations (DIR) to bid on public works contracts in California shall be permitted to submit a bid. Furthermore, only subcontractors registered with the DIR to bid on public works contracts in California shall be permitted to perform work or labor or render service under subcontract to the subject contractor.
The Project is subject to State of California Prevailing Wage Rates and Labor Code requirements applicable to the locality in which the Work is to be performed for each craft, classification or type of worker, including employer payments for health and welfare, pension, vacation, apprenticeship and similar purposes. Prevailing wage rates are available at http://www.dir.ca.gov/DLSR.
The City reserves the right to postpone the award of the contract until the second regular council meeting following the opening of bids, and to accept or reject any and all bids which are, in the opinion of the City, to the best interest of the City.
Additional information is provided in the Instructions and Information for Bidders, which should be carefully reviewed prior to submitting a Bid Proposal.
4/19/2017 8:00 AM
5/19/2017 11:00 AM
Public Works Director 831-223-5180
Please contact Kyle Carbert at
925-827-4900, Ext. 1141 Kyle.Carbert@weareharris.com