Public Works inspections should be scheduled at least 48 hours in advance. To schedule a Public Works inspection, please call (831) 223-5180
Donald T. Wilcox, P.E.
Public Works Director
248 Main Street
P.O. Box 156
Ph: (831) 223-5180
Fx: (831) 678-3965
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Please call ahead to schedule an appointment.
The Engineering Services Division’s goal is to provide quality engineering, construction and inspection services that enhance the safety and environment of the community. The division strives to conduct business in an ethical manner that promotes excellent customer service, communication, integrity and efficiency. This Division is responsible for:
- Administration of the Capital Improvement Plan (CIP), which include streets, traffic control devices, street lighting, park development and city facilities.
- Administration of the City’s Special Benefit Assessment Districts.
- Administration of the City’s traffic, flood control, street lighting and traffic signal facilities.
- Engineering and construction inspection activities relating to current development and Capital Improvement Plan (CIP).
- Ensuring compliance with the Subdivision Map Act, National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit and Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) floodplain requirements.
- Review of private sector development projects in the City.
- Site design, document preparation, construction management and inspection of all Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) projects.
- Technical guidance to ensure project compliance with City codes, ordinances and policies.
The Engineering Services Division has the following three sections: Development Engineering
, Inspection Services
and Street Maintenance
Standards and Plans